1) Pike river mine goes into receivership. Seems that the Union and Labour expect there to be continuous and ongoing employment for those that are about to lose their jobs. Lose their jobs because there is no mine to go to, no work to be done, nothing to do, there is no work, it’s closed until further notice.
There is anger being expressed that the redundancies are being capped and may not include “performance bonuses” – when you’ve stopped laughing remember that the mine is 2 years behind production forecasts.
at $18,700 a payout isn’t enough to keep you in furs and caviar but it is a nice parachute #justsaying
(2) #justsaying Hamiltron figures out the V8 costs about 3 times the expected amount. What return on investment were they expecting? This kind of folly is a pure expense. There is no ROI to the council. There is for some brief benefit to some people sure, but not to the ratepayer.
I’m picking they are dead happy that they stole this from under the nose of Auckland now.
(3) Oprah. Who really cares about this in NZ? It’s a tour of Australia, probably funded by Tourism Australia should I care to go investigate. Why are we fawning over this? #justsaying
(4) Paul Henry will not go away- well he has and probably is happy, but the media will not let it go, today he’s front and center again as the most popular video. C’mon everyone let’s all watch him say “Dickshit” again, and point out the “lady has a mustache”, not the “retard” one but the Greenpeace one. #justsaying
(5) Mob members weep. Yep that could happen, in public, yep. Not saying they are heartless but this isn’t the image they have or portray as good fine upstanding law abiding citizens. #justsaying
(6) Sonny Bill Williams boxing shock – WTF -shock for who? Why? Care factor = low #justsaying
(7) Wikileaks. I really still don’t get this. #justsaying
(8) Retail sales take a beating except The biggest rise in October was seen in supermarket and grocery stores, up 4.2 per cent ($58 million). Man’s gotta eat is all I’m saying on this. Oh that and really Captain Obvious since food prices tumble all the time.
(9) Brings be to the price of Milk. What’s up with that? There should be legislated price capping for milk – I know it can be sold overseas, and farmers are always first in queue for hand out when we have our annual seasonal drought/flood/drought/flood. Give some back. #justsaying